It will not have escaped your notice that recent world events have had a significant impact on insurance premiums in an increasingly global market. Insurers have had to reflect events in their rates, however the increases are not beyond your control. One aspect that interests insurers is how a business manages its own risks, and this is best demonstrated in its claim history, or indeed its lack of claims.
We can provide a facility that can help you to improve your claims record on your liabilities and also your material damage. We help you to adopt a pro-active approach to Health and Safety, as well as Security and Fire Safety.
We have a panel of insurers that take a very positive view towards any business that can demonstrate a willingness to improve their management of their company. This not only improves your Insurance costs, but also helps you to enhance your staff safety and well being
Health and Safety
Health and Safety legislation has become something of a minefield for most businesses, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep abreast of all the developments that membership of the European Community brings. Many businesses would like the luxury of a full time Health and Safety Officer however for most companies this is not a practical option, primarily for economic reasons. The end result often tends to be that the onus falls upon Partners and Directors to fufil this complex and important role.
Compliance with requirements is important not only from the point of view of the Health and Safety Excutive, but also from an insurance perspective as insurers can decline claims or seek recompense from Directors where rules are deemed to be broken. We can provide a tailor-made, structured, part-time, expert, Health and Safety option at a fraction of the cost of an employee. It also frees up your time to work more effectively at the trade you know best. The main benefits are :
- Reduction of insurance premiums and insurers declining cover
- Reduced exposure to an insurer pursuing a right of recovery against you.
- Reduced exposure to expensive no-win no-fee solicitor litigation
- Improved employee relations, safety and well being.
- Reduced exposure to fines and prohibition notices
Everyone recognises the importance of effective risk management in the current business environment. It is an important factor to consider both before and after a loss occurs and requires significant expertise and effort on the part of a willing management team and workforce. Unfortunately, whilst the will to introduce good working practice may exist, the implementation of that will can prove difficult, especially without expert guidance.
Most businesses are not fortunate enough to be able to afford in house resources for Risk Management given the wide variety of expertise that is necessary. However we have a cost effective alternative. We are able to provide experts who can guide your business through the main areas of need namely:
- Identification of the risks involved in the running of your business
- Analysis of those risks
- Control of the risks and minimisation of them in the workplace
- Continually evolving management to encompass new risks
- Monitoring & review of the procedures implemented to reduce risk
Using an effective risk management approach will enable your business to run more smoothly. Give us a call and see how we can help.
Risk Management Services Provided
Once you sign up to our Risk Management program there will be an initial fact finding visit which will reult in a confidential report which will identify risks and hazards within your organization and provide simple recommendations to eliminate and minimize risks.
The items below identify some of the areas the policy will cover.
- The Companys Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Organisation and Delegation of Responsibilities
- Risk and COSHH assessments
- Safety Rules with regard to employees and visitors
- Company rules regarding outside contractors
- Accident, injury and dangerour occurrrence recording (RIDDOR)
- First Aid
- Safe working practice and procedures
- Fire rules and procedures
- Food hygiene guidelines and procedures
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER)
- Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Electricity at work regulations
- CDM procedures and guidelines
There will be a subsequent implementation visit and further visits if required